Who we are
From our modern 50,000 sq ft factory here in Leeds, we manufacture contract specification furniture supplying our customers throughout the UK.
Our principle markets are healthcare (a diverse sector which includes nursing and residential care homes, special needs facilities, hospitals etc), housing associations, social housing, key worker, student accommodation and hotel and leisure.
Our Staff are here for you
We strongly believe in developing close partnerships with our customers, working hard to provide the products you require and developing products to meet your specifications.
Our expert team of staff are available to assist with their wealth of experience and unrivalled knowledge of the contract furniture industry. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and our ability to react to our customer’s requirements.
Our products, your products
All of our furniture is designed to be fit for purpose within contract environments. Our chair frames are constructed using kiln dried hardwood to provide a superior strength, our upholstery fabrics all conform to BS 5852 (Crib 5) fire resistant and all of the foams that we use are CMHR (combustion modified high resilient) for safety. Polished wood surfaces are finished with a high build AC lacquer specified to be heat and scratch resistance ensuring your product looks better for longer.
- Standard Specification
- All of our chair frames are designed specifically for use in a normal contract environment and combine strength, stability and longevity with style, practicality and comfort.
- Reinforced Option
- For more demanding environments, we offer a “reinforced” chair frame option on many of the chair frames which in addition to our standard specification includes an 18mm hardwood ply solid seat platform and under side.
- Secure Specification
- Designed to meet the needs of the more challenging environments, in addition to our “Reinforced” specification, the chair frames in our “Secure” range of seating are clad inside and out in 6mm hardwood ply. The out back panel is also made from 18mm ply which is closed using concealed fixings. The installation of fixed steel plates to provide extra weight is an additional option.
- Contract Furniture Solutions (CFS) has accounts with all the major fabric companies and we are able to offer customers an unrivalled choice of contract quality fabrics which meet the varying demands of the healthcare, hotel, leisure and residential markets.
- Price Banding
- Our upholstery products are priced in bands (including customers own materials) dependent upon the price per metre of your chosen fabric. A list of the more widely used contract upholstery fabrics split into their various price bands is attached to our price list or by email upon request.
- Customers Own Material (COM)
- We are happy to use fabric supplied by our customers (subject only to proof of fire retardency). If you are unsure about the amount of fabric required please check with our sales department.
In addition to choosing a single fabric for each item of upholstery, we offer the specifier a range of ways to incorporate contrasting fabrics on the same chair. As not all options are possible on every chair, please contact the sales office for clarification on each model.
Our range of wood stains have been specially formulated to tone with our standard range of wood grain laminates (which we offer as a table top material).
Our standard polish colours are:
The show wood elements of our chair frames and tables are all manufactured from real wood. Being a natural product, the colour and wood grain can and does vary which is part of the charm of a product manufactured from natural materials.
We use “Medicote” lacquer when polishing all of the show wood timber elements of the tables and chairs which we make. This market leading product has been specifically formulated to prevent bacteria surviving on its surface. Medicote also meets the FIRA standard 6250 for lacquer rated for Heavy/Severe use.
High Pressure Laminate
Our High Pressure Laminate colours are:
- Mainland UK
- Where the order value (excluding vat) exceeds £1,500, delivery to locations throughout mainland UK are free. For order with a total value of less than £1,500, there is a small charge of £15.00 per item. Order under £500 is price on asking.
- Central London
- Deliveries within Central London may be subject to an additional charge which will be at the discretion of CFS.
- Outside Mainland UK
- Deliveries outside mainland UK are charged on an order by order basis dependent upon location and size of order.
- Scope of Delivery
- Our standard delivery service is tailboard only (delivery over the threshold). We are also happy to provide a room placement service if required, the cost of which can be quickly calculated taking into account both location and size of orders.
Terms and Conditions of Trade
Our terms and conditions of trade form part of our price list. Please be sure you have read and accept these before placing an order.
CFS reserve the right to change or alter the specification of any product without prior notification.
The product dimensions given are intended as a guide only. Prior to purchase, should the dimensions of a product be critical to the buying decision, this fact should be communicated to CFS to ensure that this criteria can be met.
Every effort was taken in the production of this website to ensure accurate representation of colour. Customers should however always satisfy themselves with the accuracy of colour likeness
Contract Furniture Solutions
Experts in quality furniture